Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 16

Today Im posting for week 16 instead of week 15. Nothing really changed or impacted week 15 at all so I decided to just put all my thoughts into my 16 week post. 



How far along? 16.5 weeks 
Total weight gain: 9 lbs
Maternity clothes? Yup. Still going. And I officially accepted it this week. If I want to wear a t-shirt they dont come out of my drawer. They come out Nic's. And I own one pair of normal sweatpants that still fit. So its only maternity clothes at this point. Lots of preggy jeans and tight tops to show off my bump. I like my bump. Its my buddy.
Sleep: Im still sleeping a solid 5 hours before I get up to pee. But the random vivid dreams have kicked in this week. And they are always full of people I have known in the past or know now. Its really weird and makes sleeping a lot less peaceful. Im not a fan of it at all. We thought that it might have been from taking my prenatal vitamins after dinner which is is usually sometime between 6 and 7pm. But I took them earlier in the day yesterday and still had the same dreams. So I think its just the dreams that come with pregnancy.
New this week: I have a lot of belly cramps this week. Just kind of feels like things are stretching and pulling and tugging. So I am just making sure that I am eating often and drinking tons of water and spending a lot of time sitting down or relaxing. My doctor told me that cramping can be caused by dehydration, so I drink an average of 8 bottles a day. 
Best moment this week: I felt my first little flutter. Which over the course of the week has escalated into lots of flutters that are keeping me up at night. 
Miss Anything? I would say eating normal size meals. I miss the normal meals. I have been eating small all day long, but to eat anything big makes me feel gross. 
Food cravings: Frosted Flakes. Lots and lots of Frosted Flakes. I have never liked Frosted Flakes ever in my life, but for some reason Merv loves them. And Pomegranate juice. I could drink it everyday. And grilled cheese and tomato soup. Oh my its my favorite. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still smells. Lots and lots of smells. I miss eating what I like and wearing the perfume I like and being able to use lotion without gagging haha. But itll be worth it. 
Wedding rings on or off? On! 
Looking forward to: We made a decision this week to change doctors so that we could birth at the hospital that we wanted to. So that appointment will be in a few weeks, which will also coincide with our Gender Scan which we are also excited for. Im just excited to get settled in to a routine with a doctor I am actually comfortable with and also to be confident in who will be delivering our baby.

And thats the bumpdate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment