Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bumpdate: Week 9

So with the fact that this blog was created to keep our family both near and far up to date on the goings on in our life, I have decided to do weekly Bumpdates for the family to make sure that everyone knows how baby Mervin is doing and what the bump is looking like from week to week. So welcome to the first bumpdate and Im really looking forward to sharing this crazy new journey with you all :)




How far along? 9 weeks 
Total weight gain: 3 lbs
Maternity clothes? Well, I can't button my pants. So thats always fun. Yoga pants, dresses and BeBands have become my very best friends. Although, I did score on a bunch of maternity clothes from a neighbor of my parents that had a her baby a month ago and most of them were never worn with the tags still on them. $750 worth of maternity clothes for $200? Ill take it. 
Sleep: It depends on the night. I average a bathroom break every 3 hours throughout the night haha but I usually fall right back to sleep. Sleeping on my belly has gotten uncomfortable. It feels kind of like Im sleeping on a balloon. So I have been trying to learn how to sleep on my side which is taking some adjusting. 
Best moment this week: I had a sonogram earlier this week to make sure that everything was progressing okay because of a little bit of spotting during week 4, and I got to see baby Mervin for the first time. Mervin is nothing more than a spot on a screen, but they found a heart rate, gave us a measurement and a due date, so it was by far the best moment of the pregnancy thus far. 
Miss Anything? Not feeling sick. haha. I know that being sick means that they baby is growing and becoming more and more awesome every day, but this constant feeling like i have the flu is a little claustrophobic
Movement: Nope. 
Food cravings: Changes daily. And its always random and odd. French fries have been consistent. But after yesterday being the hardest day as far as sickness goes (Thank you pregnancy migraine) I am on a flu like diet for a while. Dry cereal, popsicles, you know, the food that tastes oh so good haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: Everything haha. My mom says that I am blessed because it comes and goes but Im really annoyed. haha. But its gunna be worth it. 
Wedding rings on or off? On! 
Looking forward to: 2 things. 1. Making our public announcments! Our pictures are so stinking cute! and 2. Not being sick anymore so that I can truly enjoy what is happening in this magical part of our lives. But luckily 3 more weeks and we should be heading towards no more sick! Im really really looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment